Welcome to our online support service. We hope to provide a platform for questions asked and answered by actual nebuliser users. Questions such as how to choose and get the best out of your nebuliser.

We encourage you to post or ask any product related comments and ideas but please avoid any profanity or leaving your personal contact information such as email or phone numbers.

We look forward to hearing from you and will help where we can.

Thursday 7 April 2016

Philips Nebuliser and COPD : Ken's story

Over the years I have struggled with constant chest infections, but for some reason, I could not get rid of them. Last  year we got a new family doctor, who had me on antibiotics, and looked back on my notes, he realised that I was getting the same sputum test results back each time.  
This was a pneumonia influenza bug, which would not go away no matter what they threw at it. The doctor said that this bug was obviously deep inside the lungs, in a place where the antibiotics could not reach. I explained that I had been in hospital with Pneumonia in 2001, and we wondered if all these infections were caused by something that had never cleared 

I also spoke about the wheezing and the distressing cough, which started  as soon as I got up each day.
The volume of mucus coming up each day was quite frightening and hurt quite a lot because I had cracked a rib, by coughing so much. In the end we discussed a nebuliser, in the hope that it would remove anything which was stuck deep inside the lungs.   
We were given the medication to use with the nebuliser, but the medical practice said that we could only borrow a portable machine for two weeks, and would need to buy our own machine, I had used one of these in hospital, but in all honesty neither my wife or I knew anything about them apart from that. We took the machine home, and the next day we asked I the local chemists about where we could buy something like this. The chemists shop did buy them in but suggested that we looked on line.  
After searching the web we came to Evergreen Nebulisers, which was based in Wigan. My wife then rang up and spoke to one of the sales people, who were very supportive and helpful. The following week wife rang back to order out own machine, and it was delivered within 24 hours.

After using this nebulisers or 10 days I realised that I could breathe properly and was not coughing as much as I had been. I have now stopped using the machine for a while, because I have now got rid of most of the mucus and no longer sound like a pair of bagpipes with holes in the wrong place.  
I confess that I am truly amazed at the difference in my chest, and would recommend anyone with COPD to discuss getting one of these machines for home use. I would also highly recommend EverGreen Nebulisers, because they are so helpful and supportive.  
Ken is a wonderful gentleman who battles with multiple medical conditions and you can read how he remains positive and follow his blog HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment